The U.S. North Premiere of "The Road" hosted by Manny Pacquiao
Filipino horror film “The Road” Premiered at Arclight Cinema, hosted by boxing champ Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao
Dir. Yam Laranas’ “The Road” had its U.S. North American Premiere this last Friday (May 9) at the famous Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood, and was hosted by boxing icon and Sarangani Rep. Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao. The horror suspense thriller, produced by GMA Films was acquired by and is being distributed by Freestyle Releasing. The movie is the first ever all-Filipino film to be commercially released in mainstream cinemas all over the U.S. debuting in 16 markets theatrically, including New York and Los Angeles. Starring in the film are Rhian Ramos, Marvin Agustin, Alden Richards, Derrick Monasterio, Carmina Villoroel, TJ Trinidad, Jacklyn Jose, Allan Paule, John Regala, Alynna Asistio, Lexi Fernandez, Barbie Forteza, Louise de los Reyes, Ana Abad-Santos, and Renz Valerio. The film, subtitled in English, involves the investigation of a 12-year old case that is reopened when three teen-agers vanish on an abandoned road.
The fashionable tv host Tim Yap introduced the film before the screening and acknowledged the presence of boxing Champ Manny Pacquiao, Mark Borde (Co-President of Freestyle Releasing), Susan Jackson (CEO of Freestyle Digital Media), Annette Gozon-Abrogar of GMA Films, Joey Abacan (producer), Director Yam Laranas, and Philippine Movie and Television Review Classification Board (MTRCB) Chairman Grace Poe- Llamanzares. Also in attendance were GMA 7 former executive Ida Henares, GMA 7 Network Executives - Redgie Magno (Asst. VP-GMA Network) and Marivin T. Arayata (VP for Entertainment TV), together with some of the cast members Rhian Ramos (wearing an Ito Curata gown), Marvin Agustin, Alden Richards, Derrick Monasterio (with mom, former actress Tina Monasterio), Vicki Belo of Belo Medical Group (sponsor) and son Quark Henares, GMA newsman Lhar Santiago. Actor Leandro Munoz was a late-comer at the after-party, held at the newly opened LURE Club (formerly Cabana Club), adjacent to Arclight Cinemas. (Photos by Oliver Carnay and Vivien Tutaan)
More photos here .
1) L-R: stars from the film Rhian Ramos, Marvin Agustin, Derrick Monasterio, and Alden Richards with Manny Pacquiao (center)
2) Manny Pacquiao and Dir. Yam Laranas (sneaking on the left)
3) Director Yam Laranas
4) Tim Yap interviewing Vicki Belo (sponsor)
5) Derrick Monasterio with mom, former actress Tina Monasterio
6) MTRCB Chairman Grace Poe-Llamanzares being interviewed by Tim Yap
7) & 8) Alden Richards dancing with Vicki Belo during after-party held at the newly opened LURE Club
9) Anthony Phongkan
10) Derrick Monasterio on the dance floor
11) Alden Richards and Vicki Belo
12) Vivian Ledesma, Atty. Jemela Nettles, and former actress Tina Monasterio during the after-party