Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/show_news.php on line 16
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/show_news.php on line 36
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/inc/shows.inc.php on line 23
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/inc/shows.inc.php on line 23
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/inc/shows.inc.php on line 276
Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/11/d199473228/htdocs/hollywoodflip.com/news/inc/shows.inc.php on line 282
THE 2006 WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO (August 26, 27 & 28)
Registration is now available online at www.westernfoodexpo.com. The 2006 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo will be held Saturday, August 26, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sunday, August 27, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Monday, August 28, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association. For more information, please call 888-372-3976 or visit the new website for more information.
From Saturday, August 26th through Monday, August 28th, the Los Angeles Convention Center will host the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo featuring several new and exciting special events – making this the one trade event not to be missed.
New features include new products that have never been seen or tasted, new international foods being introduced into the US market, new demonstration cooking theaters and a pizza pavilion and competitions, the inaugural Los Angeles Wine & Food Festival, new educational programs, the Ultimate Barista Challenge, and much, much more.” One of the most exciting new features will be the launch of the inaugural Los Angeles Wine and Food Festival to be co-located with the Expo. The Festival, showcasing in excess of 100 wines, dozens of gourmet food companies and specialty items for the wine enthusiast, will be open to trade professionals attending the Expo as well as the general public and will feature two days of wine tasting and gourmet food as well as a Reserve Tasting Event featuring premiere wines and specialty food tasting.
The Reserve Tasting and Gourmet Food Sampling event kick-off for the Festival will take place at the Marriott Downtown Los Angeles on Friday, August 25 from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. On Saturday 8/26 and Sunday 8/27, wine tastings and food sampling will be offered in Kentia Hall in the Los Angeles Convention Center, just steps away from the Western Foodservice and Hospitality Expo Show floor.
Attendees of the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo are invited to attend the Los Angeles Wine & Food Festival on 8/26 and 8/27 for only $10 a day and receive a huge discount when signing up for the Reserve Tasting and Gourmet Food Sampling event 8/25. For more information, visit www.lawineandfoodfest.com.
Other new initiatives include the New Product Gallery, sponsored by Nation’s Restaurant News which will feature in excess of one hundred new products that will be judged by the industry professional attendees producing winners of the People's Choice Awards. All new products will be displayed on tables within the Expo for close up viewing and, in addition, attendees will have the opportunity to sample (taste) and test new products during a dedicated time each afternoon and then vote on their favorites. New food will be highlighted in Demonstration Cooking Theaters throughout the Show floor where chefs will showcase new products, new techniques and menu-enhancing recipes. Local well-known and notable chefs will be front and center in The “Hot Spot” Culinary Demonstration Theater hosted by a notable “foodie” who will answer questions and garner audience participation. Iron Chef Cat Cora, Guy Fieri, host of Guy’s Big Bite on Food Network, Tommy Tang of Let’s Get Cooking and Dave Lawrence, author of Boy Meet’s World. Also new to the food front is a new Pizza Pavilion hosted by Roma Brands as well as an International Arena that will feature dozens of international foods.
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo will hold an extensive conference program that will focus on the critical issues affecting the restaurant and foodservice industry in finance, technology, and so much more to help attendees grow their business. New to the lineup this year are two special courses presented by The BarFly Group, expert consultants to the industry. The first seminar, Restaurant Rookie Boot Camp is a highly energized session jam packed with a day of learning. Developed for new restaurant operators, the seminar will focus on tricks of the trade that normally are learned through years of enrollment in the "School of Hard Knocks." The second seminar, Chain and Multi-Unit Operator Summit, will teach participants how to set the foundation for forming, operating and growing a successful chain concept. Pre-registration is required for each seminar.
Other features include a Barista competition to celebrate the tremendous growth in specialty coffee. The Ultimate Barista Challenge™ taking place on the exhibition floor in a show of coffee creativity flaring, as baristi prepare their own inspired espresso beverages for discerning professional tasting judges. This will delight audience members in a showdown of three flights of espresso frappe, espresso cocktails, beautiful café latte art and finding the definitive Ultimate Barista! In addition, the 4th Annual Culinary and Pastry Competition organized by The Academie Culinaire de France, will take place at the Show.
Several special areas on the Show floor will create an energized and exciting experience for all attendees. The stage will be flanked by large video screens, TV production cameras, and a décor designed to inspire the attendee. To show that Reed Exhibitions stands behind the enhancements and investment to the Western Foodservice Expo, they are offering a Business Benefit Guarantee to any attendee who doesn’t find one new idea, vendor, product, contact or solution at the Show that will benefit their business.
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (CRA). The 2006 Expo will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from Saturday, August 26 through Monday, August 28, 2006. For more information call 800-840-5612 or visit the official Show web site at www.westernfoodexpo.com. ABOUT REED EXHIBITIONS: Reed Exhibitions, which manages more than 420 events worldwide, is a member of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading provider of information-driven services and solutions. Reed Exhibitions offers integrated market access programs covering exhibitions, trade publications, direct marketing and the Internet to a database of 3.5 million in North America. Reed has North American office in Norwalk, CT, Waltham, MA, Palm Beach, FL, Las Vegas and Toronto, and sales and operations offices worldwide. (NYSE:RUK/ENL). Reed manages three shows for the foodservice and hospitality industry in the U.S., including the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo to be held August 26-28, 2006 at the Los Angeles Convention Center; the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show to be held September 8-10, 2006 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando; and the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York to be held March 4-6, 2007 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center; Altogether, more than 50,000 foodservice professionals attend the three shows. More information about these events can be found by visiting the official event web-site at www.thefoodshows.com.
FLASH NEWS!!! THE WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO NEW PRODUCT GALLERY, SPONSORED BY NATION’S RESTAURANT NEWS, WILL FEATURE MORE THAN 100 ITEMS
NORWALK, CT, August 22, 2006 -- The hottest new products and services will be on display at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, taking place from August 26-28, 2006 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The Nation’s Restaurant News New Product Gallery will give attendees the opportunity to touch, taste and judge the products throughout the Show. Each afternoon from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, the New Product Gallery will offer food and beverage tastings and product demonstrations. Attendees will be able to vote for their favorite new products on Saturday, August 26 and Sunday, August 27 in the People’s Choice Awards. Winners will be announced on Monday, August 28 at 2:30 pm. As of press time, the following items will be included in the New Product Gallery:
· Athens Foods (Booth #1152)- Mini Shells are now offered with no trans fat or cholesterol as a healthy alternative to puff pastry shells.
· BIA Cordon Bleu (Booth #1327)- A unique plate of spoons for appetizers.
· Diva Chocolates (NPG)- A variety of spice blends, grilling rubs and hot chocolates.
· Farmer’s Rice Cooperative (Booth #2940)- 3LB Farmers' Select Frozen Risotto uses select California medium grain rice.
· Jody Maroni’s Sausage Kingdom (Booth #747)- A Mexican-style sausage made with classic chocolate based Mole sauce and a variety of south-of-the-border spices.
· Phillips Foods (Booth #2325)- Chili Lime Slammers. An intensely-flavored combination of Phillips’ blue swimming crabmeat, four cheeses, cilantro, and spices, coated with a crispy lime flavored panko crust.
· Pilot Brands (Booth #2105)- Fresh/Cooked New Zealand Greenlip Mussels.
· Kikkoman International Inc. (Booth #701)- Teriyaki Takumi Collection – Original and Spicy Miso – combine mainstream ingredients with Japanese miso, spicy Korean chili paste.
· Sonoma Syrup Co. (Booth #1041) - Special Blend of the highest quality Madagascar Bourbon and Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Bean ‘Crush’ and premium Vanilla Beans.
· Torani/ R. Torre and Co (Booth #2047)- Torani Pure Flavor is a revolutionary new line of fresh herb, spice and botanical flavors in unsweetened, liquid form.
In the Beverages category:
· Blendtec (Booth #728) - The Q-series incorporates sound reducing fan technology.
· Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (Booth #2615) - Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.
· Caffe D'Amore, Inc. (Booth #1740)- Bellagio Sipping Chocolate.
· Don Walters Co., Inc. (Booth #716) - Jolly Rancher Flavored Mix Available in Green Apple, Cherry, Watermelon and Grape.
· Dr. Smoothie Enterprises (Booth #706) - Toffee Chocolate is part of Dr. Smoothie’s Lighter Side, containing no trans fats or hydrogenated oils.
· eC2, LLC (Booth #2827) - eC2 and eC2+ is a medium-bodied, and extremely flavorful palate with a mild sweetness which is very well balanced, flavorful, lengthy finis, exotic, pure and intense.
· Elixir Tonics & Teas (Booth #1056) - Truly functional beverages with great tasting fruit flavors. Products are comprised of pure herbal formulations blended with fruit for a unique healthy beverage.
· Ghirardelli Chocolate Company (Booth #1140) - The luxuriously deep flavor of Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa creates the intense, lingering chocolate experience.
· Javo Beverage Company (Booth #1053) - Javo produces the greatest variety of coffee blends for use in conjunction with a dispenser program.
· LA BOUTIQUE DISTRIBUTOR (Booth #817) - Pure natural spring water drawn from beneath the organic fields of LLANLLYR for over 800 years.
· Lockwood Manufacturing (Booth #2349) - Free Standing and Wall Mount Wine Racks ideal for home, retail and restaurant use.
· Numi Organic Tea (Booth #1042) - Organic Teas and Teasans (herbal teas). NUMI introduces four new flowering teas to add to its impressive foodservice program.
· Perfect Beverage LLC- ELIXIR G is a top-shelf cocktail mix. Mix adds a sweet heat to cocktails with its wild ginger flavor profile.
· POM Wonderful (Booth #2612) - POM Tea - The Antioxidant Super Tea.
· Sephra, LLC (Booth #2712) - Sephra brings you the first-ever home beverage fountain to serve both hot and cold drinks.
· Serengeti Tea Co. (Booth #1259) - Ticolino Tea Twirls are the modern alternative to tea bags.
· Stirrings (Booth #2746) - Introducing the first sodas created specifically to complement fine spirits.
· Te Teas (Booth #1052) - A line of extraordinary tea bags in an innovative transparent pyramid shape, which offers the largest volume for the full leaves to unfurl releasing their rich, smooth flavor.
In the Environmental Safety category:
· Asean Corporation (Booth #806) - Stalkmarket™ paper tableware is made from sugarcane fiber. They are 100% biodegradable and home compostable.
· Day Mark Safety Systems (Booth #2816) - Day Mark Safety Systems OSHA compliant first aid cabinet is stocked with products for those accidents that typically occur in the food service industry.
· English Mfg., Inc. (Booth #1550) - Affordable sneeze guard that can adjust to any angle or position.
· Excel Dryer (Booth #2404)- New XLERATOR dries hands 3 times faster (10 to 15 seconds) and uses 80 percent less energy.
· Happy Chef Uniforms, Inc. (Booth #2350)- New chef polo features 100% cotton pique mesh fabric, half sleeves, double breasted 6 button placket, stand-up collar and two sleeve pocket.
· Hollowick Inc. (Booth #1243)- Hollowick FX™ Flame Free Intimate Lighting line featuring a 50- hour Flickering LED Tealight.
· Nayer Kazemi Water Art (Booth #1547)- Artistic custom designed water features inspired by nature creating a soothing environment filled with the sights and sounds of nature.
· Redback Boots USA (Booth #2662)- Introducing Redback Chefs, technologically advanced footwear tailor made for the service industry.
· Schaefer Ventilation Equipment (Booth #2659)- Introduces the HeatStrip electric radiant heater as an effective, efficient and attractive heating solution for outdoor seating areas.
In the Equipment category:
· 3M Commercial Care. (Booth #1960)- Scotch-Brite™ Purple Scour Pad. Unique new scour pad scours twice as fast as conventional heavy-duty scouring products.
· Astra Contract Furniture (Booth #1351)- Jakarta Aluminum Chair is well designed, durable, stackable, and the quality is absolutely suitable for outdoors.
· Baker Sales/RF Hunter (Booth #2449)- The first battery driven hot oil filter machine.
· Bermar America L.P. (Booth #811)- The Barclay Bar is the latest in Wine Bars utilizing the unique patented wine safe technology to preserve open bottles of wine.
· Beverage-Air® (Booth #1237) - Miracool™ Series Cooler.
· Canplas Industries (Booth #2538) - The Canplas endure grease interceptor is unique- the only injection molded grease interceptor available in North America.
· Champion Industries (Booth #1901) - The new E Series Champion Rack Conveyor Machines have been designed to bring something new to the dish room.
· Chef Code (NPG) - Chef coats featuring beautifully hand rolled buttons, an inset chest pocket, thermometer pocket, French cuffs and underarm vents. Designed for comfort and durability.
· ColdTech-Jimex (Booth #846) - Three glass door, 2 section freezer with two separate exterior digital controllers to allow the user to adjust each side at different freezing temperatures.
· Contract Furniture Company (Booth #1036) - ERH Panels have been finely tuned to provide a comfortable and highly efficient radiant energy level.
· Corn USA, Inc (aka) PanIce, Inc (Booth #2803)- Innovative ice cream machine makes natural ice cream, instantly blended with any fresh fruits, no coloring additives, chemical free.
· Dart Container Corporation (Booth #1141) - FUSION’s ThermoThin™ insulation increases customer satisfaction when enjoying their drink, eliminating the need for cup sleeves.
· Demarle, Inc. (Booth #840)- Two books on how to choose and use Flexipan and Silpot.